- Naming Issues
- The following list seems like a good simple client list:
- Roster = Contact List
- Roster Item = Contact
- Agent = Service
- Roster Display issues
- Be aware that the client should be able to hide/view/sort
roster items based on various states:
Other roster things to be aware of:
- Subscription state - hide people who aren't subscribed to me
- Ask=subscribe --> show "roster items pending authorization"
- You should have a place to display other resources for the current user. (Or hide them)
- Deal with roster items which represent agents/transports.. hide, group together, etc.
- Roster items can belong to multiple groups.
- Use the tag to determine how to display a roster item
- Message Issues
http://protocol.jabber.org/docs/messages.html is basically up-to-date, except
for the tag which has been removed (per flush.html).
- Clients should always default message sends to user@host,
but allow users to select resources if appropriate for the client "level".
- Replies to messages should use the full JID (inluding Resource).
- Clients should always echo the tag if present.
- Chat subjects may be changed (GUI wise) by sending a non-empty tag.
The client should sense this and change the appropriate GUI element.
- The client may support other alternative representations of the tag,
the namespace of the extension tag should determine if "other" actions should be
taken for this message. Should the "team" endorse one specific "rich-text" format??
RTF, HTML?? We should start to document the possibility for:
text/html or something.
- Client -> Client transfers
- See the
http://protocol.jabber.org/jabber:iq:oob/ page for protocol stuff.