Re: [JDEV] JDEV: "sessions" clarification please

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999, Jeremie Miller wrote:

> Right now, it depends on the <priority>#</priority> tag sent in the first
> status update to the server, a higher priority number on that session will
> recieve any messages that didn't have a specific nickanme in the to
> address... this is all a bit vague yet, but I hope to clear it up when I
> write up the client guidelines(this week I hope, tonight if possible).
>
> Hope that helps!

I think it does!  Let me see if I understand.  As a client writer, I only
have to handle establishing one session for the user (maybe they will run
other clients or more copies of the client to establish other
connections).  But for people in the roster, I should show their multiple
sessions (if they have them) grouped together, and allow the user to send
a message to the user (automatically choosing highest priority session),
or to a specific session of the user (by specifying a particular
nickname).

is that it?

Thanks :-)  I'm all excited about jabber!

Quetzalcoatl Bradley
qbradley@csc.uvic.ca