Re: [[JDEV] Thoughts on user@server.com name addressing]

Eric S.Smith writes:
 > A central name-resolver wouldn't have to do too much work, since
 > communications would still be going through users' "home" Jabber
 > servers.  There could even be a community of name-resolvers that
 > shared the job (via round-robin DNS or a meta-resolver that just
 > tells you the name of a nearby name-resolver to use).

  If authentication were based using radius, we would automaticaly
have roaming ! (Connect the nearest jabber server but tell it that you
are from other server ->  login foo@bar ).
  Messages can be stored in the original server, not in the connected
server. The "send" part can be done by the connected server (nearer).

  It's like dial to ISP B and use the POP3 server from ISP A, but SMTP
to ISP B.

  []'s

Mateus Cordeiro Inssa
FutureNet