[JDEV] Client Help and lots of other notes/Q's

I just posted some _VERY_ basic notes to help get started with client
authoring:
	http://jabber.org/developers/client.jab
It definately needs help, but I had to start somewhere...

I also posted Dan's attachment at:
	http://jabber.org/developers/Jabber_Notes.html
I'll add in my comments after I catch some ZZZ's

--- I looked at the AIM stuff and downloaded everything I could find
tonight, and at this point it looks like getting a prototype AIM transport
up and running would be done best with the TIK stuff, or with the laim
clone's sources.  And the full blown transport with the libfaim.  I'd love
to try this weekend to get a simple proof of concept AIM transport working
even if it was hardwired with one userid, but I'm not sure I'll have the
time.

--- Has anyone else had much experience with any of the ICQ clones?
Which library would be best for a prototype and which one for the full
blown transport?

--- I'm going to take a good look at how the modules work on the jabber
transport, I don't really like it the way it is now and would like to make
it more adaptable... if I get any bright ideas I'll post them to the list.

oAo,

Jer