Re: [JDEV] anonymous users

> Am I the only one who thinks anonymous users aren't a good idea?
> Anonymous users make it too easy to do evil things. Flooding, spamming,
> bombing. Just about every bad 'ing in the book.

.. anonymous users also protect privacy.

spamming becomes a problem when there is a broadcast portion
to the protocol. i would recommend against including such a
feature.

we could also code the clients to allow users to have "deny-lists"
that disallow certain names from sending messages to that
particular client.

has anyone thought about implementing jabber on top of IRC?
it has quite a few features that are desirable and would
limit the amount of reimplementation. perhaps we'd have to
eliminate the need for a single server with a single user
space... there i go again... thinking aloud.

a.
--
 aron atkins                                 (atkins@{chrysalis.com,wpi.edu})
 * j a d e d *               <A HREF="http://www.gweep.net/~jaded/">jaded</A>