Re: [JDEV] Client nicks

> Lemme have another go at it.

Yes, ok, makes sense now...

> Jabber user A has a Jabber ID and also uses ICQ.
> Jabber user B had Jabber user A in his buddy list.
> When user A logs into ICQ, user B wants his Jabber client to know this.

Here is the source of the misunderstanding... The point of a transport is
to allow Jabber users to talk transparently with ICQ users.  If it so
happens that one of those ICQ users also uses Jabber, there is nothing in
any way being done to associate that.  In other words, the event of a
Jabber user logging into ICQ with an ICQ client is NOT considered one of
their "jabber sessions".  Jabber sessions(as would be grouped under their
ID in a roster) are ONLY Jabber clients, not transports.  You might have
the ID of an ICQ user in your roster, but there will be no "sessions"
underneath that ID nor is it associated with any Jabber account, it's just
a way to talk to that ICQ user.

If this is still confusing, as it might be since I can't seem to spit it
out properly, let me know and I'll try again...  This should really be
noted on the site somewhere too... as should many things(if anywone could
spare some time, fedex it my way :)

Jer