RE: [JDEV] Well-formed XML.(Correction)

> From: owner-jdev@jabber.org [mailto:owner-jdev@jabber.org]On Behalf Of
> Jeremie
> Subject: RE: [JDEV] Well-formed XML.(Correction)

	Alrighty, additional questions regarding the XML conversations (See
Below)..

	Will this part:

<jabber type="client" version="Name/OS version/version" protocol="19990101">

	be sent with each data exchange, or ONLY to register this data on the first
connection?  Also, I'm taking for granted that the servers <jabber> response
would include:

<jabber type="server" version="Name/OS version/version" protocol="19990101">

	As another simple question, shouldn't the transport be reporting:

<jabber type="transport" version="Name/OS version/version"
protocol="19990101">

	so as to distinguish 'client', 'transport', and 'server'?  Hypothetically,
one could build a client as a transport (I'm not saying I can think of a
reason to DO that, but I'm sure someone may think of one..)  This would also
keep a firm distinction in the type of connections (Such as another server
contacting a transport directly..)  This would also ease the ability to
merge a server and a transport into one daemon, such as is requested on
jaber.org (Easy to install server for ISP's with one executable).
Basically, one would only need to use the tags to tell if it's a client,
transport, or another server connecting, also allowing the above to only use
one port (Once again, easing development and administration, only having to
deal with one port)

	I'm blabbering (Or should I say Jabbering?) again, aren't I?  ;-P

--
Thomas Charron