[JDEV] Concern regarding transport overload..

	I have a bit of a concern that I'd like to point out..

	How many 'transports' are we going to have on a basic server.  I think that
a basic server should be able to support several of the things that we've
all said would be best in a module, but I'm concerned about people needing
to run 10 DIFFERENT transport programs to supply this functionality.  Would
it be possible for the basic jabber.transport to be able to provide these
abilities without needing to run all of these transports?

	Now, don't get me wrong, I LIKE being able to throw everything in modules.
What I'm concerned about is the one or two executable ISP installs that have
been mentioned..  Any ideas on how we can have the best of both worlds?

	Is it possible to have TWO different transports, an 'easy to use' install
that provides most of the basic services in one executable, and more
advanced that uses seperate transports for each service?

	The easy to use interface could actually be achived if someone made all of
the transports thread safe, and compile them all together in one executable,
using a macro to replace the main function with something else, and call
them all running in their own thread.  This would be reliant on someone here
knowing threading on a *nix box, which, unfortionatly, I do not, so I'm of
little help there.

--
Thomas Charron
United Parcel Service