Re: [JDEV] Large Jabber Messages

Well, the one-socket connection scheme isn't really designed to be the
carrier for lots of data, either in big messages or in a large constant
stream of small ones.  It's really just supposed to be the "control"
channel where all of the instructions/messages are passed.  The bulk of
the "data" traffic for large things such as files, voice samples, other
multimedia, etc, really needs to go elsewhere.

I'm still working on the spec for this stuff that I started a few weeks
ago in a post to jdev, to handle bulk data via HTTP/1.1.  Simply, a system
where:

--Client serves data on local high port and sends HTTP URN to other client
--Client connects to special HTTP server and PUTs file then sends that URN
--Client sends data to "streaming" HTTP server that others recieve from
	(a-la shoutcast!)
--Cleint tells HTTP proxy about self and sends proxy URN to recipient
	(hides IP address)

Basically, Jabber would use/rely on any sort of HTTP system, and this data
would be sent to client as URN's that a client can do a simple GET.  It's
an existing and proven way to do this stuff, and there's lots of
experience and code out there.

I just need to sit down and detail out how it would specifically interact
with Jabber and at what level, but I'm working on 0.6 at the moment so
well see after that's released :)

Jer