Re: [JDEV] server computation is inevitable

> Also: if a protocol other than just "here's my name and password" (the
> standard, insecure login) is going to be needed to support secure logins,
> how does this fit (or not fit) into the current Jabber protocol?

It depends on how much more you're going to need :)

If it's something simple, you could overload the <pass></pass> tag to
contain multiple delimited fields, since it's just passed as plaintext to
the module.  If it's something drastically more complex, then we can look
at extending the login packet(using <ext></ext> like in other packets
possibly) or maybe having a two phase login using a normal login packet
and subsequent <query></query> packets.

Everything else looks great though!

Jer