[JDEV] my thoughts on the licenses stuff

I was just thinking...as far as how important it is (or isn't) for us to
issue all of it under the GPL...I think it is better that we use a toolkit
such as this instead of me rolling a totally new one for us.  Sure, it may
not be pure GPL, but as far as the end user is concerned, it's just as
free (as in they never have to pay squat).  There seem to be just some
little differences between this license and the GPL.  I'd much rather have
this scenario and be using code that's robust, tested, and very fast...and
implemented by a crypto pimp, instead of some random college senior who is
taking his first crypto class; I know that if I were and end user I'd have
much more faith in crypto routines from something like cryptlib instead of
from a guy like myself :)  When Peter Gutmann replies (assuming he does
eventually) about how much (if at all) this clashes with the GPL, I'll
forward his reply here.

Corbett J. Klempay			         Quote of the Week:
http://www.acm.jhu.edu/~cklempay       "A commune is where people join
					together to share their lack of
					wealth."