RE: [JDEV] Contact Methods

> From: owner-jdev@jabber.org On Behalf Of Chase Phillips
> Subject: RE: [JDEV] Contact Methods
> >      +---------------------------------------+
> >      | Contact List                          |
> >      |  + Jane Doe (Jane Doe@jabberhost.com) |
> >      |  - Joe Blow (IWuvJer@aol.com)         |
> >      |     `- 167289@pagers.jabberhost.com   |
> >      |  - Ant C. Eater (234567@pagers.jabber>|
> >      +---------------------------------------+
> we're REALLY close now.  the one problem i have with this diagram is the
> pager email address.  for all intents and purposes, a SMTP transort could
> be used for the 167289@pagers.jabberhost.com (maybe masked as a Pager
> entry?), but still vital info regarding a person's pager is given away
> (straight email to that pager, etc).  if however, the number you are using
> here is itself an address for the transport to understand itself, nice.
> the gig is that if i have a pager, i don't want sally in san fran to know
> my pager number of ID.  i just want certain ppl to have access to it
> through jabber (authorize on add?) and others who i know won't abuse it to
> have the actual phone number.

	That could be done, however, I'mnot really seeing the point to limiting it.
Once I have your pager number, I can page you3 different ways anyway..
(Shrug)  User preference I guess.

	And actually, my old pager number is 167289, and the transport is at
pagers.jabberhost.com.. The transport would know how to page that pager
number.

	I'd say to take care of people getting yourID, we could make it so that
alternate addy's have 'permisions' that are protected somehow.  That way you
could even give your home humber for some'authorized' people..