Re: [JDEV] Online notification?

> I think I've got an instance where it shouldn't be sent, but is.
> I have multiple instances of my jabber client running, all on the same
> machine and talking to a jabbertransport also on the same machine. I don't
> even have a rosters.xml file, so theoretically nobody should get
> notifications. Nevertheless, whenever any client sends an online
> notification, all other online clients recieve it.

Well, the only way that should be is if you logged in every time with the
same user account, so each connection(session) is all under your userid.
In that case the server will automatically notify yourself of any of your
own chnages.

If that's not the case, it's a bug, and grab a snapshot to email me from
the debug (-D) output of the jabbertransport when you send a status, and
I'll check it out.

> Also, it would be convenient if the act of deleting somebody from your
> roster sent you a status=offline from them. Is that a possibility?

Sure, these are often module-level issues.  The server doesn't really
contain much of the intelligence itself, most of it is offloaded to the
modules.  This is something I'll stick in the docs for building modules
though, since it's something all of them should be doing.

Jer