RE: [JDEV] weird new authentication/roster idea

	The scoop is, AIM is replacing ICQ, not the other way around. They'll be
nice enough about it, starting out by bridging the two systems and then just
distributing the AIM installer, not the ICQ installer. Mind you, this is
hearsay, I don't work for AOL. But one way or another, none of the currently
available instant messaging clients is really good, and not the great goal,
interoperable.

	A year ago, I counted seven distinct instant messaging networks. How many
are there today?

Patrick