Re: [JDEV] "newbie"

>There is a perl module for Jabber already working and in beta,
>Net::Jabber.  It's not on CPAN yet but available in CVS.  Using that
>module you can write a simple perl script that will work as a Jabber
>client and provide all the back-end for it.  Net::Etherx should also
>arrive in time(after Net::Jabber has matured a bit since it shares much of
>the functionality) to provide the tools to write simple Perl transports.

  Actually, I need to talk to you about this..  How much do you have done more then what is currently in CVS?  I've been massaging it a little to make it function in a simular maner to how the Net::IRC module works on the client end (Making it MUCH easier on Multiclients, as the connections are now distinct objects), and something simular on the Net::Jabber::Transport, as I've called it..

---
Thomas Charron