Re: [JDEV] Re: Jabber Client Module..

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999 13:17:04   Jeremie wrote:
>>   Net::JabberClient::Session - Jabber session module.  This is be used
>> on TOP of Net::JabberClient.  This way, multiclients are VERY easy to
>> write..  Just make a new Session from the JabberClient object.
>Hmmm... Why the seperation?  Shouldn't we be able to make just one module
>operate in both modes, where you can just create an object for each
>connection?  Or am I misunderstanding something?

  A little of both?  ;-P  JabberClient will be used for both.  JabberClient::Login would return a Session object, which would still be using JabberClient, but it'd be a nice attractive 'handle' to one particular user..  Aka, it's contain the login name, nick, status, etc, of that particular user.  They are BOTH handled thru JabberConnection, but it could do something like this:

$User_u = $Connection->Login("u", "p");

  Then you could

$User_u->SendMessage(to something about someone);

$User_u->SetStatus("away");

  It's just a handle to the data of what users are logged into the multiclient..

>>   Net::JabberTransport - Same as JabberClient, but for transports..
>Well, 90% of the work in the transport module is 100% etherx stuff and not
>directly related to Jabber at all.  I had registered the Net::Etherx
>namespace with CPAN, and Jabber specific stuff could be in
>Net::Etherx::Jabber for transports.

>I had also registered Net::Jabber for the client stuff, since that is
>simple and goes along with the rest of the Net:: namespace(mostly clients
>for other protocols).

>Hmmm... technically, yes, but I can't think of a reason why, since you can
>use one transport to do just as much as multiple ones...

  It could be a way to pass additional data.  Let's look at the IRC transport.  I could have ONE irc transport, but @undernet, @efnet, @slashnet, @someothernetthatsomeonedreamedup registered, and be able to get 'more data' by what transport it was destined to.  I COULD merely have one trqansport for each net, but it would be nice if one transport could be registered under several 'names'..

---
Thomas Charron