Re: [JDEV] what is gale

> sorry, gale is gale.org
>
> sort of a reworking of zephyr. more modern in it's method of attack than
> zephyr though.
>
> they seem to know of us, and think of us as "the most serious competition out
> there... Gale and Jabber could be roughly orthogonal.."

I've looked at Gale and it's a nice system, especially if you want
assuredly secure communications.

As was mentioned, it wouldn't be too difficult to build a transport to
Gale servers and allow messages to flow to/from Gale, but what would be
even more interesting is for the Gale developers to add Jabber support
directly to Gale so that it's users can immediately
communicate(insecurely, of course) with [Jabber|ICQ|AIM|etc] users.  This
would be done simply by connecting Gale to etherx and it understanding the
Jabber message/status packets incoming and sending them out for it's
users.

Basically, Gale has the potential to become a secure Jabber server and
Gale client software would be secure Jabber clients that use their own
protocol and talk only to their secure server... something that would help
both projects :)

If anyone is interested in this, or knows any of the Gale developers, feel
free to forward this or find out what they think.

Jer