Re: [JDEV] date format, SMTP standard

>Yes, of course SMTP has a format.
>But internally we should use something that is simple and convertible,
>since we're aiming for internationally viable program.
>And then have the SMTP transport use it's defined standard.

AAAAAGH, No!!! Don't start messing with "internal formats". The RFC822
format date is well defined and there is a whole slew of software that
manipulates it already. Don't reinvent wheels! The only thing you
might want to do is to cope with the internationalisation issues by
having a month number rather than a month text (not sure what the RFC
says about this, it's many years since I read it)

L.
--
http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Lindsay