RE: [JDEV] existing protocol questions

	Jer, thanks for answering questions 1-4 so quickly  :)

	About message <ext></ext> : why not structure extensions internally as an
XML document in a CDATA field? My reasoning is this: if the extended data is
structured, then clients will be less likely to trample on each other.  For
instance:

Client A likes to send receipts, so it stuffs a 'message ID' which is
essentially a hash of the last message received into the <ext> of the first
response it sends to Client B.  Client B, however, expects <timestamp> or
<favorite color> or goodness knows what. As a result, the secure hash is
totally inappropriate and neither side really knows why.

	This leads into feature negotiation, which you mentioned previously, but
perhaps it is time to get back to that discussion.

Patrick