Re: Java client

> 2ALL
>   And what about implementing server software in Java? Can it be useful?

Actually, yes, it could be very useful for those that want to write
transports in Java.

The server is really a collection of different processes running on the
"server" host... one main routing process called JabberBox, and the rest
are transports that talk to the JabberBox through a local file socket.
Rewriting the JabberBox in Java probably isn't all that useful, but
writing a transport in Java with all of the classes/functionality to
handle the connection to the JabberBox as well as decoding the protocol
would make it easy to write other transports quickly in Java.

I'm going to be taking a similiar approach with a perl module, when I get
a chance, unless there are some other perl wizzards out there :)  (I'm
debating on weather to require 5.005+ or not at this point)

Thanks,

Jer