Re: [JDEV] Status Notifications.

> What about the case where a client is unpredicatably disconnected (ie
> no-carrier, lost route)? Status messages are no longer received from that
> client.. So will there be timers on the other clients, or will there be
> keepalives involved?

Since it's a TCP link to the server, in most cases the server will know
right away and notify everyone that you're offline.  In other cases where
TCP can't tell, there will be keepalives/timers on the server to make sure
each and every session is still alive.

> On a security sense, I would feel more comfortable with most of the
> communication between my client and the Jabber server.. Otherwise I can
> tell the IP address of all of my 'buddies' and boom.. unless there were
> plans to have messages be sent directly? I didn't think that was part of
> the protocol...

Nope... everything client->server at this point, no client->client stuff
but that shouldn't stop anyone writing a client from implimenting their
own client->client connectivity and just use Jabber to pass the connection
settings.

Jer