[JDEV] proposal

Hey all...well, I turned in my proposal for the crypto project to add
stuff to Jabber.  I'll post again later today when I copy the Word97
document to my website or something (in case you guys want to look at it).
I ended up having to target authentication only (no encryption) so as to
prevent me from having to deal with export bullshit.  However, the
infrstructure will have already been laid; someone will be able to add
encryption (someone offshore, I suppose) without much difficulty; the key
distribution will have already been put in place, so all that would need
to be done would be to add a little library of symmetric algorithms
(probably along the lines of Blowfish/Twofish...and some others...but
ideally ones not under patent) to hook into these keys.

Corbett J. Klempay			         Quote of the Week:
http://www2.acm.jhu.edu/~cklempay  "Fear not those who argue but those
				    who dodge."