[JDEV] Speaking of firewalls....

A problem I ran into connecting to my jabber server from home is that our
firewall times out idle connections after a period of time. The way I'm
getting around this right now is sending a status message every 5 minutes if
no traffic has been received from the server.

Any thoughts to adding a ping/pong tag to the protocol?

Also, I'm using <ext> within the <status> tags for some information specific
to our product, but what I noticed is that the server escapes anything
within the <status> even though it's the <ext> tag (I'm still running 0.5 as
I haven't been able to get 0.6 to build yet).

--
Carl