RE: [JDEV] CVS Question..

> From: owner-jdev@jabber.org [mailto:owner-jdev@jabber.org]On Behalf Of
> Nicholas M. Kirsch
> Subject: Re: [JDEV] CVS Question..
> 1. I don't believe you can. You can check in the CVS documentation for a
> more concrete answer, but all my experiences tells me no.

	Well, since I have to manually add directories in the cvs source tree, I
can simply not add the directories.  Visual C++ creates a 'Release' and/or
'Debug' directory, depending on what type of compile, which you'd NOT want
in the source tree..  It'll just mean I'll get ?'s on those directories, so
not a problem there..

> 2. I believe a -ko & -kb would be necessary. -ko prevents expansion of
> keywords (RCS tags) and -kb marks the file as binary. You should only need
> to do this when initially adding the file, as far as I can remember.

	That's what I got out of it as well..

> 3. You need to manually add directories and files. When you run cvs
> update, CVS will inform you of an unknown file by putting a question mark
> in front of it.
> Hope that helps.

	Yep, exactly what I wanted to know..  Hopefully tonight there will be a
bunch-o-checkins in the Win32 directory..

--
Thomas Charron
United Parcel Service