Re: [JDEV] move to glib before the code gets complicated?

>   how about moving the entire project into glib?

I looked at it before I started reworking the codebase, but decided to
avoid it for the moment.

The reasoning goes that I'd like to see the server platform(expat,
JabberBox, Jabber Transport, modules) be "functionally" complete as soon
as possible, so that other things can start relying on how they operate
and interact.  After they are working as expected, smaller issues are
worked out, and the platform has stabalized somewhat, THEN let's go back
and revisit the server to enhance portability, modularity, memory
management, and most importantly performance and threading, all while
maintaining the same "platform" and operational strategies.

I'd like to make everything just "work" fairly reliably and functionally
so that we can really get moving as an entire platform :-)

I do like glib though... why isn't some of this stuff standard in the c
libs?

Jer