Re: [JDEV] Reasons for testing perl transport..

> 	Anyway, just to letcha know, I actually have a quickie transport using the
> perl transport as a base that will be able to send out AlphaNumeric pages to
> Mobilecomm pagers via their web page.  Basically, a client will be able to
> send a message like this:
> [...]
> 	I may end up making a generic paging transport that can handle multiple
> providers, and have it specify the provider in the ext tag..

Very nice, this is one of the first things I was going to be writing, so
yes, it will probably be handy for others :)

I was going to take the approach that the pager-providing service actually
be a Jabber client(multi-client if you're familiar with how that works)
and log in on behalf of that user but have a low priority session.  This
means that other Jabber users that have you on their list will see one of
your sessions identified as a "pager" and can send messages to it, they
might see "work", "server shell", "home", and "pager" and could send a
message to you if you are away or it's an emergency...

In any case, pager stuff is a must, it's one reason I'm doing Jabber, so I
can extend it all kinds of cool ways and still talk to my old buddies on
other IM systems :)

Jer