RE: [JDEV] Transport Communication..

> 	Alrighty, that works..  Now, what happens with an equally loaded transport
> communicating with thousands of clients?  This is a very realistic number in
> the case of a larger ISP that could decide to distribute Jabber to their
> customers?

Well, the current codebase might have some serious issues, but my focus is
making it functional and work up to at least levels of hundreds of users.

>From there, assuming you have highly optimized code for this high-traffic
situation, you do the same as any big ISP would do... how do they handle
thousands of simultaneous NNTP connections, or POP readers... how does AOL
handle the AIM connections... etc... BIG ass servers :)

> 	More on the above thought later..  I've had many thoughts on this very
> subject, and the drection Jabber COULD go if we market it right in the
> future..

If you're hinting at the possibility of it's usage simply exploding, IMHO
that's a very real possibility based on the level of functionality we're
aiming at providing.

> 	Ok, that works..  I was just curiouse..  This DOES make the most logical
> sense..  Now, here's another silly question..  I've found that expat spits
> out the the CDATA segment to the (Char handler I think?).  Is there a way to
> tell expat to send CDATA segments to another function beside's the Char or
> Default?

I haven't looked, since the normal character handler works for me.

> 	Yep..  While I personally think we need to stay AWAY from this happening,
> it's goodto leave it open in case someone else decides NOT to use XML for
> some reason.  (Hrm..  A Transport that send things like SMTP commands..  Oh
> man, my mind just went wild again..)

It's mostly so that other forms of XML communication, not just Jabber XML,
can be sent via this.  It's just an opening for future unforseen
directions and growth ;-)

Jer