Re: [JDEV] documentation

> Hey!! I have never worked in a project like this before, but I've kept up
> a lot with the discussion. I'm not a programmer, but I sure would like to
> help with the documentation - I *DO* know how to write. :)

Awesome Awesome AWESOME!  This is a VERY cool thing indeed!

> So... Jeremy,
> if you need someone to head up the documentation department, someone to
> play with the web site, make README's or what have you (hey, I can mop
> floors too!) lemme know...

Absolutely!!! YES!  UberGreat!

> Oh, and in my Running Linux book, they cover
> how to make manpages, so maybe I can play with that too (I'm sure a lot of
> you devel guys know how to do that though..). So.. here I am! ;)

I don't know the first thing about man pages, and I fear it has something
to do with that scary tex/latex thing I see here and there...

Ok, this is my take on the docs thing:

Needs(in no particular order):

	General: overview/structure/terminology
	Developer: FAQ/intro
	Expert: modules/transports/clients
	Manuals: server/client operation guides
	Code: structures/style-guide/overview/cvs
	Instant Messaging: history/links/news
	...anyone feel free to make additions

Writing this stuff requires a fairly deep understanding of Jabber and how
it works, so it might take a bit of a learning curve to ramp up... I am
always here to help with the actual meat/content, but I really blow at
spelling/grammer, as many have probably noticed.

First things first, scan over what's up on the web site and start getting
a feel for Jabber... if you think you'll have tons of questions and stuff,
feel free to email me personally and the email exchange can start to be
built up into documentation, err, take a look at the list archives,
there's lots of jucy tidbits littered in it :)

I'll be moving many pieces of jabber.org into it's own CVS archive once
there are other "editors" to make this a bit easier.

Fun fun!  Thanks a million, and I hope I didn't scare you away!

Jer