Re: [JDEV] oops

On 26 Apr, Corbett J. Klempay wrote:
> I just realized what probably will prevent me from using the cryptlib I
> mentioned last night...since it has its own non-GPL licence, it would
> prevent us from distributing Jabber under the GPL (which is the idea,
> correct?)  I guess it's back to the coding, then....
>
> CJK

Actually, Peter Gutmann is a big supporter of GPL'ed projects. :) If
you're familiar with the GNUPG project, he (at one time) offered to
dual-license the PRNG from cryptlib to GNUPG. You might drop him a line
an inquire as to the possiblity of getting GPL rights for the Jabber
project -- the worst that can happen is that he says no. :)

D.