RE: [JDEV] oops

	I don't see how the crytlib licence prevents it from being distributed with
GPL'd software.  The licence itself is virtually identical TO the gpl.
Here's a copy for those of you who haven't taken a peek:

--- Licence
This software is distributed as copyrighted freeware, with copyrights on
individual encryption modules being held by the contributing authors.  You
are
free to use the code in any way you want, with the following restrictions:

- If you make any changes to the code, you should send a copy of the changes
  the author or authors to allow them to integrate the changes into the
code.
  This is to allow a central consistent version to be maintained.

- If you use the library as part of a product, you should offer a copy to
the
  authors of the library.  This is to let the authors know that their work
is
  being usefully applied.  You should also give the authors credit in your
  software and/or documentation.  This is to let others know that the
authors
  work is being usefully applied :-).

- Any commercial software you create with this code may not be merely a set
or
  subset of the encryption library, with or without minor added
functionality.
  In particular you can't sell the library (or any modified form of it) as
  "your" encryption product.  You can sell your own product which utilizes
the
  encryption library, but you can't charge for the library itself or claim
it
  as yours.  This is to stop people adding their own wrappers and selling it
as
  "their" encryption product.

These terms are pretty much identical to the library GPL, which seem to be
about the least restrictive usage terms around apart from outright public
domain software.
---

	Addressed one by one:

1)  Since we are distributing under GPL, source will be provided back to the
author.

2)  Same as above..  Author get's a copyof the source.

3)  This isn't commercial software, we're not selling it.  We'd have a
problem if someone decided to package it up and sell their version, which
yes, is legal under GPL, but that becomes there problem, now doesn't it?

	Also, the GPL merely states that any software based on it must be released
as full source, which this does...

--
Thomas Charron
United Parcel Service