RE: [JDEV] license

> From: owner-jdev@jabber.org On Behalf Of Corbett J. Klempay
> Subject: [JDEV] license
> I haven't heard back from Peter Gutmann at all, but I think we cannot put
> it out under GPL...this is ripped from the header of one of the bigint
> code files:
>  * The licence and distribution terms for any publically available version
> or
>  * derivative of this code cannot be changed.  i.e. this code cannot
> simply be
>  * copied and put under another distribution licence
>  * [including the GNU Public Licence.]
> So what does this mean for us?  I mean, do we avoid using this if we
> cannot put it out under GPL?  Or do we use it and put it out under its
> license? (as in how important is it that we release under GPL)

	You can distribute multiple parts of the code in one package under
different licences without much of a problem.  Either that, or the crypto
package can be distributed optionally under a different licence.  I am
current asking around some of my other mailing lits about it, but as far as
I can tell currently, ANY program can make function calls to a library, as
long as the package is not included as PART of the software package.  I'm
not sure how this is dealt with as far as statically linking a library is
concerned, though..