Re: [JDEV] Jabber distribution test..

> /usr/local/jabber
>   README (explains basic get-up-and-running and references
>           docs folder and jabber.org for more info)
>   jabber.conf
>   /bin
>     xrouter
>     jabber.transport
>     jabber
>     start (shell script to start xrouter and jabber.transport)
>   /logs
>     xrouter.log
>     jabber.log
>   /docs
>     LICENSE
>     extending/
>     OVERVIEW
>     AUTHORS
> /usr/local/man/*
>   man pages(or stubs at least) for xrouter, jabber.transport, and jabber

Hmm. I like it, but I also would like to see it partially conform to the
"standard" that seems to be existing in most packages. Notably, a tree
looking like this :

/usr/local/jabber

	README
	/bin (clients)
	/sbin (xrouter, transports, and scripts )
	/lib (libraries? currently they are all static, so this maybe unnecessary)
	/include (most likely unnecessary at this point as well)
	/man (yup)
	/share (not sure what the distinction is between this and the next one)
	/etc (but i do believe that the jabber.conf should be stored in one of them)
	/logs (not necessarily conforming, but i like logs better than var)

I like the idea of putting all the files under one tree, rather than
putting the man pages into a central directory. Most systems already have
several different man paths, and although it may be trickier for a user to
add the path, if they would want (heaven forbid) to delete jabber, it
would be easy to do so.

Let me know what you think of that.

Nick

nkirsch@olaf.nick.org