Re: [JDEV] Jabber distribution test..

> I have heard of some bugs in the build process. Automake really has two
> modes, one for developers, and one for end-users. If you are able to
> compile straight from the CVS sources, then you have nothing to worry
> about.
>
> I have taken the latest sources and performed a good ole 'make dist' which
> produces a tar.gz file which the end-user would normally download and
> compile. For all those people without autoconf/automake/libtool, it would
> be great if you could download it and see if it compiles correctly.
>
> http://olaf.nick.org/jabber/jabber-0.6.tar.gz

Worked great on a basic RH5.2 install... "./configure;make"

How does this sound for "make install"?

/usr/local/jabber
  README (explains basic get-up-and-running and references
          docs folder and jabber.org for more info)
  jabber.conf
  /bin
    xrouter
    jabber.transport
    jabber
    start (shell script to start xrouter and jabber.transport)
  /logs
    xrouter.log
    jabber.log
  /docs
    LICENSE
    extending/
    OVERVIEW
    AUTHORS
/usr/local/man/*
  man pages(or stubs at least) for xrouter, jabber.transport, and jabber

My whole goal for 0.6 is to have an installable and mostly functional
distro for end users(tech users that is).  Something that modules,
transports, and clients can start to be built against :)

Jer