Re: [JDEV] Client Lib & Associated Thoughts (And Many Capital Lette rs)

> So, as soon as you (all) get the comments in, I'll start documenting.
> I've already done some more perusal of the lib/ (which is where I'll
> start my efforts) and things are starting to fall into place. Just out
> of curiosity though, what does jpair and xpt stand for?

jpair used to be just "pair" but that conflicted with something in C++ so
I did a search/replace... so it's really just "Jabber's Pair" I guess.

xpt stands for XML Parsed Tree, really corny I know, but I needed
something simple and didn't want to call it xml_ anything since that might
conflict with an innocent app using the lib...

> As for the DOM, I'm going to take a few evenings this next week and see
> if I can't hack out simple C implementation of the Core. It'll be
> scheduled as a low priority thread, to be sure, but I got a feeling
> that we're really going to need something at the client-lib level..even
> if it's a DOM wrapper to the jpair/xpt stuff...

Actually, I had that in mind when I made xpt, the possiblities of building
some simple C functions for DOM stuff that utilize xpt in the background
to store the tree in memory.  I just never developed the need for the
extra DOM layer, but it might be important for non-server stuff which I
haven't thought heavily about yet.

> Someday I want to write that ICQ transport..and a QT
> client...and...anyway.. :)

Doctor! Doctor!  I think he's coming down with the Jabber fever!  Hehe...
don't worry, a few of us are quite infected, *g*.

I should really get back to coding now =)

Jer