[JDEV] Contact Methods

What type of paradigm is being used to create the sending/receiving of
rosters and the makeup of each individual roster?  Is there a mailing list
message relating to this?  Saw nothing on the web site regarding the
Jabber roster structure.

I am interested in that there are multiple ways to contact one person
(services to that person) and jabber servers/transports can be used in
each one of those contact "methods".  I would like to see inside the
messaging window individual options to contact through various ways
(Direct->Jabber, Direct->ICQ, Direct->Pager, etc).  Does this conflict
with the Simple Client idea, or, since this information is sent in a
roster retrieve and interpreted only by the Jabber Server, will this add
to the Simple Client, making it more powerful?

If we can centralize each contact method to one roster entry, instead of
having multiple roster entries for each, reaching a person would become
much more intuitive (and our rosters would be much more simpler).  Any
ideas?  Advance apologies if this has already been hashed out.

regards,
Chase Phillips
--
  shepard at ameth.org ][ Only you will know