Re: [JDEV] [Code/CVS 1.0]

First, a general evaluation of the first month of open source:

Jeremie, you've done an excellent job! One thing that has lacked, however,
is the fundamental rule of Open Source Development:

              "Release often!"

This means updating something in the CVS daily (or at *least* bi-weekly).
The best way to accomplish this is if you put all your effort from now on
into getting CVS up running, and distributing responsibility to various
persons.

All IMHO, of course.  :-)

--- Jeremie wrote:

> #### CVS
>
> I need to figure out how to make CVS work on the server side safely.  I'd
> like to do everything through pserver, but I don't know that it's possible
> yet.

I think I saw somewhere that you could make CVS work with SSH access.
That'd be great. SSH is God's gift to network administration (which you
probably know, since jabber.org runs a sshd).

BTW, the CVS source tree should be cleaned up. My suggestion is:

              /jabberserver
              /transports
                         /jabber-transport
                         /icq-transport
                         /irc-transport
              /clientlib
              /clients
                         /my-cli-client
                         /my-windows-client1
                         /my-windows-client2
                         /my-gtk-client
                         /my-java-client

Maybe the "jabber-transport" should be placed under /jabberserver.

> #### Code
>
>     [...]
>     ==> Code Style
>
>         [I'm open to suggestions, ...]

The coding style for the linux kernel is in
          /usr/src/linux/Documentation/CodingStyle
on a standard linux system. We might want to use 4 instead of 8 spaces for
indentation.

- Tue Wennerberg