Re: [JDEV] Protocol bits and discussion

At 07:27 PM 6/2/99 -0500, you wrote:
>> Sort of but it still seems pretty arbitry.
>
>Yes, in reality, it is not a big deal either way.  I don't really have my
>head around RDF yet, but it seems to allow either syntax to accomplish the
>same thing.
>
>At this point I'm not too worried about the actual syntax of the protocol,
>it's XML, I know it works, and it can be extended fairly easily.

[snip]
>Esentially though, the current protocol was designed to get the job done
>easily and in a striaght forward way, and be absolutely simple, readable,
>and understandable at the same time.
>
>Jer

Yes, I think it is fine for your purposes. At this point you have
plenty to do besides getting hung up on XML style issues.

One of the beauties of XML is that it appears to be pretty
forgiving and lends itself to rapid development of prototypes.
You will learn a lot as you begin to deploy this beastie.