Re: [JDEV] Silly Question?

>> Silly quesiton, but why does etherx encapsulate the config data within a
>> config tag, AND a CDATA?

>Because it protects the configuration environment's "namespace" so that it
>doesn't conflict with etherx's protocol.  Also, the configuration data
>might not be valid XML or XML at all(although then it would have to be
>loaded via some other means, which might be possible some day), and the
>transport asking for it might still want it that way :)  It's really just
>a layer of protection around foreign data.

    Ok, understandable..  So it will send EVERYTHING that was parsed out of the config file, not just XML tags, but comments as well?  Sounds like a darned good idea..   You could actually include a perl script or something within the config file..  Not to shabby..

    Now, one final thing then..  Can we make it rip of the <config> tags WITHIN the CDATA segment?  It really shouldn't be passing it, as it would be redundant to include it WITHIN the CDATA, 'spec when we have the formating as descibed above..

    Nice idea, though, means transports aren't tied to XML for configuration data..
---
Thomas Charron