Re: [JDEV] Transport Name resolution..

Well, simply, foo.bar.com isn't assumed to mean the foo transport at
bar.com.  Any hostname in an address explicitly means that address,
there's no fudging going on there.  So #slashdot@slashnet.jabber.org would
require a host slashnet.jabber.org with etherx running there and a
transport that has "slashnet.jabber.org" as it's alias.

The only way to reference a transport on the internet is to have a
hostname for it and etherx running on that host, and have the transport
notify etherx of it's address so the data can be routed to it.

Jer