Re: [JDEV] FW: jabberbeans

I was about to ask the very same questions!  first thing I tried was
moving the com.java.swing stuff over
to javax.swing and then I realized that the Channel/
Pipeline code wasn't functional so it was almost all
for naught.  Better not make this a Me Too message:

In addition to beanifying the Channel for low-level
communications, how about making some UI beans for
things like a Roster and a User object.  That will
make it easier for GUI builders to drop Jabber connections into
existing apps.

Another thing that may or may not be worthwhile is
replacing the homegrown xml parser with the free (feeless, that is) one
from javasoft.  It's bulkier definately, but it's got more features.  I
think
most of the necessary changes would be localized to
ProtocolBuilder.   Are there DTDs for anything in
the Jabber protocol?

-Sean McCullough