Re: [JDEV] CLI-P

There is one more option similiar to your #1 that I've been working
through for the JNIX proposal:

A local background server listens on a configured port for incoming
localhost connections.  This background server simply performs connection
caching per user, with a little overhead for maintaining status and
buffering data.  Whenever a command line app connects it must send the
normal authentication packet before it can reuse it's connection, so the
authentication packet is the key.

I have a proposal mostly written up, and there are quite a few issues
here, enough to make this an entire project in itself(hence: JNIX or
Jabber+Unix).  I'll create a team and set up a list to discuss these
issues next week.

Jer