Re: [JDEV] DOM & threads

> Hey all...
>
> Just a quick note. I've looked over the existing structures and I must
> confess that I feel it would be much cleaner to go ahead and implement the
> new DOM (as opposed to simply adding-on to the xpt structure). However, I
> don't expect anyone to believe me just because this is what I think. :)

Hmmm... ok :)  I would think there is enough there in the xpt struct to
handle most of the DOM wrapper functionality, but I'd be happily pleased
to be proved wrong.

> So, over the next week or so, my goal is to *attempt* a rewrite of some
> major pieces of the /lib directory. I would like to implement the new DOM as
> well as start the integration of the threading library (Jer, what's the name
> of the lib again?).

The threading library is pth, at http://www.gnu.org/software/pth/pth.html

As soon as I can get caught up on some of the server-move work, I'll be
sending out a kind of general thread-integration proposal as far as how
I'd like to see threads working within the server and libraries.

> I *will not* be committing anything to CVS. I don't want to screw up
> anything. :) Furthermore, changes on this scale would seriously break most
> of the code.  I'm just going to try this and see if it'll work like I think
> it will... :)

That's cool, CVS will be in shambles for a while here anyway :-)

Jer