Re: [JDEV] charsets (was: Protocol extension?)

> swedish and half in english. This would mean that if the client used
> the locale or some default value, it would be wrong about half the
> time, and I would have to fiddle with some pesky "select language"
> { drop down list | command line paramter } about half the time.
> However, if the roster info contained the *user's* locale, my client
> could guess on that and be right most of the time.

Right on. However, the only change to the jabber protocol would have to be
the addition of the encoding attribute to all tags. The actual determination
on the client side of what encoding to use on a particular message would be
left up to client writers.

On this note, it might be a good idea to start specifying some specs that
client writers need to fufill in order to be "Officially Jabberfied".

D.