Re: Jabber registry (was: [JDEV] charsets (was: Protocol extension?))

  Again, yes..  But it would need to be an optional type of thing, due to the decentralized nature of jabber.  We where looking at one of these:

A) Master Registry that trolled for users

B) Master Registry that servers could optionally 'PUSH' user data up to.  This would be nice in that you could have several different master servers that users could list themselves on..  'The Sewing' master server, etc..  Kind of like phone books that you can publish your data in for free..

C) Oh, I can't remember, I will try to dig thru the archives and dig up the messages..
---
Thomas Charron