Re: [JDEV] Writings from the Journal of TCharron

>I would focus on the "must accept." I'm fine with accepting UTF-8 and
>UTF-16, however (and this is the reason they included a standard for passing
>encoding) we should also be able to handle internationalization. As the
>example was given, what would the Korean Jabber user think? Answer: they
>wouldn't use Jabber...

  The problem I can as far as I can see it is, unless we convert from charset to charset, we can't really provide for inter-charset communications..  Switching charsets midstream = bad.  Throwing off a new expat object for each packet, IMHO, also = bad..

  But I'm also not experienced at ALL in internationalization..  Heck, when I need to ./configure I always ./configure --disable-nls..  ;-P
---
Thomas Charron