Re: [JDEV] existing protocol questions

  Using CDATA within a message could also work, becouse as you stated, CDATA would not be touched.  This method could be used if you where to be transfering completely nonXML data, but the ext tags are specifically build to extend on the XML tag structure.  Basically, it's a nice place we decided to say 'Go house here'..  Also, IMHO, makes it easier to manage the protocol, knowing that no one should be screwing with what's in the standardized tags..
---
Thomas Charron