Re: [JDEV] c / c++?

Have you considered the GNU MP library?  It is GPL, hence "free", and is
supposed to be fast.  It is C (with optional bonus assembly for many
platforms)

http://www.gnu.org/software/gmp/gmp.html

"The speed of GNU MP is believed to be faster than any other similar
library"

Quetzalcoatl Bradley
qbradley@csc.uvic.ca

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Corbett J. Klempay wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Apr 1999, Nicholas M. Kirsch wrote:
>

> > Traditionally C compilers have trouble linking with C++ libraries. This is
> > because C++ allows for function overloading (ie. having foo (void) & foo
> > (int) ) and therefore mangles the symbol table.
> >

> Yes, this is what I fear.  I am leaning towards doing whatever it takes to
> keep it pure ANSI C...there are just too many headaches with mixing the
> two.
>
> > Not that there isn't a way around it, but have you looked into any ANSI C
> > cryptography libraries.. I've played around with a couple that are good.
> > Let me look them up and direct you to their sites.
> >

> Sure thing.  Full crypto libraries are the nicest, but the most essential
> thing I need is a solid large integer (and associated functions for
> working in Z(n)) package.  I've looked into freelip (derived from
> Lenstra's RSA129 effort)...but I like the fact that some of these other
> ones have ASM code for a few different architectures at the root for
> speed.  I have a superb book on elliptic curve crypto, for example, that
> rolls its own bigints...but admits that they implementation is totally for
> readability/understandability vs. efficiency...I'd like a good compromise
> between the two.
>
> CJK

Quetzalcoatl Bradley
qbradley@csc.uvic.ca