Re: [JDEV] Jabber 0.6 and the oh so quiet mailing list...

> Hmm... are you sure that you have etherx running?  Etherx is a background
> daemon that routes the XML data around, and also feeds the configuration
> to the Jabber transport.
>
> ./etherx &
> ./jabbertransport &
>
> That should fire everything up correctly if you have it installed
> normally.  Run "./jabbertransport -D" for more debugging info if it still
> isn't working.

Okay, I solved it. I had a problem in the shell script I was using to launch
the etherx and jabbertransport daemons. I guess jabbertransport was checking
for etherx before etherx was properly running.

Working now. I'm going to be able to start testing my MacOS client. Woohoo.
:-)

> It may be quiet on the list lately, but it's been busy in the background!
> The new server had a bad DIMM which took forever to determine(many
> corrupted files and reinstalls later...).  The ICQ transport in CVS is
> starting to shape up and work in a fairly usable way also... And I've
> figured out how to add a Jabber client into Mozilla, but it depends on the
> new networking library(necko/netwerk) landing in the next month.

I didn't think you were slacking somehow. ;-)

    Jon.