Re: [JDEV] AOL+, ISP usage, etc..

> Hey all, everyone so often I pop in here when I hear something about
> AOL.  I work on the libfaim AIM library, and have heard the same rumors
> about AOL slowly removing ICQ.  Anyway, to the person that is going to
> work on the transport, I'd be glad to help if you need it.  I originally
> was going to write a transport using libfaim, but discovered I would
> have to rewrite how it handles the array of connections.  I may do this
> when I have more time, but work doesn't let up =)  Either way I know a
> lot about the actual OSCAR protocol and a lot about the TOC protocol
> (bad, evil, no ;-) ).

Wonderful!

Who actually manages libfaim, you or Adam?  I have a copy already checked
in under transports/aim/libfaim and am in the middle of building a
prototype around libfaim similiar to the icq prototype(forking model).

IMHO, the brunt of the work will be in converting libfaim to an
multi-connection model.  From what I can tell, using pth
(http://www.gnu.org/software/pth/pth.html) to spawn a thread for
each connection and internal timer would work well.

After I transition jabber.org to a team model, we can form an AIM team
around this.  I have a few ideas written up somewhere that I can throw
into the mix after we get moving on the aim transport.

Thanks,

Jer