Re: [JDEV] textual client, perl

>Okay, well the modules will simplify a few things I guess.
>I'm hoping/assuming you didn't reinvent the wheel and use XML::Parse?

  Yep, using the callback ability of XML::Parser..

>Have a proxy-client connect to the server and authenticate itself, then go
>into the background. The user can then run a seperate process(es) to connect
>to this to send messages. This saves the overhead of having to authenticate
>every-time, and lends itself better to text-mode multi-tasking (screen, ^Z)
>and execution from within emacs.

  Not to bust any bubbles, but I'd be extremely wary of having a connection such as this, as it would be WIDE open for exploits..  It saves the overhead, but the overhead is there for a reason..  I like the direction your going, I guess I just don't like the implementation..

>PPS>where are these mythical modules, I don't see them on the developers site..

  In CVS, along with the nightly snaps..
---
Thomas Charron